Early wage access programs allow employees to gain access to wages before their company’s regular payday. The financial well-being of Indian employees has often been discussed but rarely researched. A recently launched report titled ‘Earned Wage Access in India: The final frontier of employee wellbeing’ gives a ringside view of the state of financial well-being of Indian employees.
EWA allows employers to access earned wages, which alleviates part of the burden of living pay check-to-pay check. The benefits of offering wage access to your employees relate to improving employee livelihood. Our speaker, Smiti Bhatt Deorah, is the Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer at Advantage Club, It is a global platform for employee engagement and financial wellness including perks, rewards and early wage access. It brings multiple benefits on a single platform and are running successfully with 370+ companies across 60+ countries.
- There are interest rates, processing fees, and hidden fees when it comes to non-EWA (Earned Wage Access), whereas there is only a small convenience fee at times in EWA.
- When it comes to firms, EWA helps to set up a holistic wellness program, low attrition, higher productivity and helps attract talent that benefits the employers.
- 86% of employees have salaries that are less than INR 10 lakhs per year, and EWA will help them meet their financial needs.
- In the Indian landscape, there is no data to predict if the 30-day pay cycle or the 15-day pay cycle operates better. It is also attributed to the spending behavior/needs of the employee.
- People get their EWA for numerous reasons. The few that top the survey report include personal emergencies, utility bills, and rent.
Smiti Bhatt Deorah
Co-Founder and COO at Advantage Club
Smiti Bhatt Deorah has 7+ years of experience in employee engagement and financial wellness including perks, rewards, and early wage access. Currently she is handling Business Development, Marketing, Hiring, Content and Customer Relations at Advantage Club. She believes that real business associations are a combination of business synergy plus friendships. She has transformed Advantage Club from a small start-up to a multi-million dollar venture.